Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Start with one thing every day

This is my little tip for you. The one that has so far made the biggest difference to me. The one that I have managed to stick to pretty religiously - even over the Christmas break!

Find one thing that annoys you or you want to get on top of, and do it every day. 

For me it was the laundry.

I remember my Mum would spend all day Sunday getting everything washed, dried, ironed and put away. But Sunday is my only day off. It's the only day we spend together as a family during the week, and I don't want to spend it doing laundry. So I make sure I do a load of laundry every day.

In the morning I empty the tumble dryer, if it's full, fold the clothes, and check the filter and water tank in the tumble (we have a condenser dryer). Then move the washed clothes from the washing machine into the dryer, and put a new load in the washing machine. 

It takes maybe 10 minutes. 

When I get home from work I do it all again. And will sometimes put the clothes away too. This is my sticking point at the moment. Clothes will often stay for a day or so on the dining table, or on the floor in the wardrobe waiting to be put away. I also iron on demand. 

This is what I have to work on next. The main reason for this is that the wardrobe needs sorting out & I need to get a wardrobe for Evie - again working on the principle that everything needs a place which will make it easier to put everything away. 

This morning I had just enough washing to do a load. This made me smile. Small thing, I know, but it felt like a win for me. 

What would you like to get on top of? What one things every day makes a difference to you?

No comments: