Sunday, December 29, 2013

Organising my kitchen


I am, so far, still very enthusiastic about my organising challenge. I have decided that I will spend January getting my kitchen organised. It takes 30 days to form a habit, apparently, so I am hoping that taking time to really sort it will help it stick. 

I don't feel I am yet in a place to be issuing challenge advice, but I can tell you what I have done, and if you fancy getting involved, or have tips to share - amazing, you are absolutely welcome - and thanks!

Here is my kitchen organising & de-cluttering process so far....

Day 1

I started by analysing my kitchen as it is now. Looking at what is there now, where everything is, what I like and don't like about it. What works and what doesn't. I drew these sketches to help. 



Day 2

I started planning where I wanted everything to go. Changing what doesn't work, including what I want to bring into the kitchen. I drew this sketch.


Then I went shopping for some organising stuff - boxes, plate racks, etc. 

Didn't get what I wanted, but there's time. 

Finally, the bug got me, and I wanted to make progress, so I started moving my kitchen around. From this:



To this:



Not a big change, but should make the shelves more usable.

Tomorrow I'll be going through the drawers and cupboards one by one. 

No comments: