Friday, December 27, 2013

2014 will be my year!

Hello dear reader.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. I had a really wonderful time. 

As always it is time to reflect on the year that has totally flown by, and plan for the year ahead. As I am sure you know by now, this is the time when I make promises I don't keep, make lists, resolutions, and life changes. This year is no different!

2013 has been amazing. There have been a lot of changes, especially in the last few months, and I am actually really excited for 2014. I feel I am now at a point in my life where I appreciate it is time to start acting like a grown up and take some responsibility. I can't keep blaming my laziness. I need to take action. 

There's a lot I need to sort out. Including a cleaning schedule, workable routines, money saving, time with family and friends, organising, decluttering. Basically a whole life plan. 

My intention is to do one thing every day towards my goal - which is to feel organised & happy by the end of 2014. Yes, I am giving myself a year - Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. I will do my best to keep this blog updated regularly and to post some useful stuff, but I am not going to stress about it. Keeping this blog updated is not going to be a priority for me, getting organised is. 

Today's one thing was to get a family calendar for the kitchen, which I have ordered and should be with me tomorrow. 

My main tool in my getting organised mission is my new iPad mini - a totally unexpected, yet fabulous Christmas present. I feel this will make me super efficient in a way my Filofax, iPhone, diary, laptop, notebooks, etc just haven't quite achieved!

I have so far started using the calendar to manage all of my appointments & Wunderlist for my to do lists and routines. I'll post more about this again. 

Any tips let me know, or if you write an organising blog I should read, post it below. Here's to an organised and orderly 2014! 

No comments: