Monday, July 22, 2013

15 days to an organised home (Ha!)

In just over 2 weeks I am going on holiday. Between now and then I am determined to get my home decluttered, organised and tidy. Plus earn a bit of holiday spending money, pack, and everything else that generally needs doing.

Why? Because I want to come back from holiday refreshed, positive and ready to move on. 

Judging by the number of blog posts I have recently read I am definitely not the only one seemingly in pursuit of a magic method to keep your house clean and tidy without actually having to clean and tidy it. The crux of it is that it just has to be done. Sadly there is no getting away from it, and the sooner I accept this and deal with it, the quicker I will have my perfect, beautiful, clean house. In theory.

So, between now and the day I go on holiday I am on a cleaning mission. I have read a number of blog series and posts - 20 or 31 days to organise your home etc - the problem is they are talking about their homes, not mine. And while it's not a million miles away I know I work differently, have different needs, rooms - so its obviously going to be difficult to fit into someone else's plan. Instead I will take the bull by the horns (so to speak) and just get on with it. I have picked up some great ideas from many of the posts I have read and will try to add my own little snippets of organising wisdom as I go along. 



Once again I plan to blog progress, and will do some before and after photos. Another thing to point out is that I will be doing this with absolutely no budget, so that I have more to spend on the things I enjoy - like holidays. :-) 

I WILL post a day 1 update later on this evening. Stay tuned......

No comments: