It's getting more difficult to find the time to do this type of stuff now with little E around the place, and I constantly wonder why I didn't get this sorted before I had her, none the less, it is necessary. And getting more so, as once THE SHOP is open I will be working full time and will not want to be spending time cleaning, but instead making memories with hubby & E.
Last weekend I started a little plan. Writing down what I want to achieve (yes, I do love my lists!) and how I was going to do it. My plan covers the house, myself & my digital stuff. Everything needs a de-clutter, a clean out, a soft out and a maintenance plan.
The house I have decided to tackle room by room and with the following steps:
- Tidy - just give the room a tidy up as it's all a bit all over the place, not worrying about where stuff goes, but just so the room looks ok.
- De-clutter - when I am not totally distracted by the piles of stuff everywhere I can go through each drawer, cupboard, shelf, cubby and surface and chuck away or give away what we don't need or want.
- Organise - once I know what we are left with in each room I can then organise everything and give everything it's own home.
- Clean - once everything is organised I will then give everything a good clean.
- Maintain - hopefully by this point I will be used to putting stuff back when it belongs, and it will be easy as everything has its own home, plus I can work out exactly what needs cleaning and how often and I will finally have the cleaning plan I have been after for so long!
The one I am least looking forward to looking at is my digital stuff. This includes all of my gadgets - phone, laptop, computer, ipad - my emails (I have at least 5 email addresses), all the accounts I have set up, subscriptions, my photos, music, documents. And to be honest I don't really know where to start. I think upgrading my phone OS and backing everything up is probably step one. Then I guess de-clutter, organise, clean and maintain...
If you have any advice or useful posts feel free to comment.
Here's my 'Time for a Spring Clean' board on Pinterest.