Monday, February 04, 2013

Home Cooking update

Part of my 101 Things list is to cook all of the recipes in Rachel Allen's Home Cooking book. As the end of the 1001 days is in sight, and I still have a lot of the recipes in the book to make, I thought a bit of planning was needed to help me power through.

So, I'm going to try a weekly list of recipes completed and recipes I plan to make. I didn't make anything from the book last week, so I really need to get a wriggle on. We are also making an effort to keep food costs down and use what we have in the fridge, freezer & pantry, so I will be choosing recipes based on what we have and possibly tweaking them a bit to suit what's in stock.

Recipes planned for this week:

White bean dip (p250)
Oven -ready rollies (p260)
Turkish Delight (p304) with MSK Rose & Hibiscus Syrup

A bit of a short list as hubby has already planned our meals for this week. Better effort required next week.

No comments: