Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013

Happy New Year!

As usual, here is my 'I will get back to blogging THIS year' post.

I am so excited by 2013 already, it really does have the potential to make one of my dreams come true and - while this does scare the crap out of me a little bit - I am so excited! I can't wait to tell you more about it, but really don't want to jinx it for the time being, so you'll have to bear with me for a little bit.

I have made some new years resolutions - pretty much the same ones I make every year, though they feel different this year. More positive. Just in case you are interested, here they are:

1. I will set up & stick to a cleaning schedule.
This is a long time coming and a real bug bear of mine. I've tried several methods and plans and now feel like I have bits from each that I could work with. The big change I hope to make here is not to give up totally if I miss one day but just to carry on.

2. I will plan to spend time doing things with Evie.
I have been a bit guilty of getting on with stuff in the house while Evie plays in the background and I want to start spending time going places and doing instead. I have already booked her in for Tiny Toes ballet lessons.

3. I need to focus more on work.
I don't feel like I have given anything enough attention over the last 12 months. My family, my house, web design and cakes. They've all just been fitted in when and where I can and I haven't given any of it the attention they deserve. Getting into a proper routine and planning to spend time on each item without trying to do too many things at once will hopefully make me a bit happier & more productive.

The three items are very much linked, and I have today started planning out a routine, but without trying to do everything at once as that way I am sure to fall at the first hurdle.

Well, EG is awake now, so we're going to have some food and go out for a little walk. Here's to a fab 2013!

No comments: