Monday, June 04, 2012

Foodie Penpals - May 2012

It's time for another Foodie Penpals reveal! A bit late as I've been having some technical issues - but here none-the-less. This time my foodie penpals were Nicky from KabochaFashionista.com and Lucy from Offaly Good. (You can read about what I sent to Lucy here.)

One of the things I love about Foodie Penpals is getting to try stuff that I wouldn't normlly buy, and I had plenty of opportunity in this months parcel.


First up I had Tyrells Proper Popcorn, lighly sea salted. And its lovely. I confess I am usually a sweet popcorn kinda girl, but I would buy this again instead of crisps for my next gathering. Its not so salty that you need a huge drink to go with it, but just a nice savoury delight.
 

Next up were these blueberry Yo Yo's. Very thoughtfully chosen to help me in my mission to eat 5 fruit & veg a day.

I hadn't heard of these before and I love the packaging. The contents were pretty tasty too! The chocolate chip Cliff bar was an energy bar - which I took with me to Evie's swimming lesson. And, well, who doesn't love a choc brownie? :)


These blueberry cookies were the first thing I sampled from the parcel - and were like large jammy dodgers. Really tasty jam and crumbly biscuits. I have one left that I think I'll be having with a cup of tea later today.


Finally a bar of organic praline chocolate, which I understand to be Ncky's favourite. I'm not usually a fan of praline as I've found some to be a bit over bearing, but this was really creamy and with a subtle nutty flavour.


Last, but not least, the parcel was accompanied by this cute little note


So thank you to Nicky for a lovely package, and to Carol-Anne at This is Rock Salt once again for organising. I think I'm going to take a few months off from Foodie Penpals as I have so much going on at the moment, and I end up leaving it til last minute and feeling bad when I send the parcels a bit late. :-S If you want to sign up though, go to http://thisisrocksalt.com/foodie-penpals/ for all the details.

1 comment:

thisisrocksalt.com said...

Yaaaaaay what a great parcel! That praline chocolate sounds divine. We will miss you at Foodie Penpals but I hope to see you back soon, just say the word any time x