Monday, April 30, 2012

April Foodie Penpals

It's been a whole month since the last foodie penpals post, and in fact my last blog. A little bit because I am struggling to find the time now that I am back in work & Evie is BUSY, and a little bit because I don't feel I've had anything to say. I'm hoping to find my blogging mojo again and make a better effort in May.

Anyway, onto the reason for this post - my foodie penpals parcel. This month my foodie penpal was Shelia, and here is my package.




It contained a post of 4am Tea by The Teashed. It's a white tea in very cute silky tea bags, presented in a paper coffee cup. I am a fan of tea, but have never tried a white tea before - and I have to say it is lovely. Not dissimilar to a black tea, but a bit more fragrant, and generally served without milk. I can't say I'm a total convert, but for something different - especially at 4am when I'm up with Evie - it's a lovely alternative.




I also had these Vanilla & Salted Caramel Drops. I confess I am not a huge fan of mixing sweet & savoury, so have managed to avoid the salted caramel and chocolate with sea salt phase, however, I had to try these. And again they were really lovely.




Finally I had Quince Jelly. Something I've been meaning to try for a while. We did get some from Tesco at Christmas time for our cheese board, but this looks to be the real deal. I haven't tried it yet, as I'm waiting for the right time, and the right cheese, but I think it's definitely something I am going to enjoy.




All in all, it's a lovely parcel, with items I wouldn't have bought for myself - which I think is what Foodie Penpals is all about. If you want to find out more about foodie penpals and join in, all of the details are on This is Rock Salt's blog.

I am now off to find out what everyone else got and see what Hannah thought of her parcel.....

3 comments:

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

definitely what it's all about! trying new things and treats you wouldn't buy yourself!

Carol Anne @ Rock Salt said...

What a lovely parcel, and how nice to get these treats that you might never have tried otherwise :)

Julie said...

Salted caramel drops sounds like SUCH A WIN!