Monday, February 20, 2012

Time for a Spring Clean

My never ending quest for an easy to clean and organised home has been put on hold recently while I adjust to being s Mummy and all the changes that brings. Evie is coming up to 6 months and it is time for me to start planning my return to work. For the last 2 weeks I have been going into the office to start getting myself back into work, and I started accepting cake orders back in January.

And right now I have no idea how on earth I will be able to look after Evie and myself, keep the house clean & tidy (let alone tackle a re-organising project) plus work part time, grow my cake business and launch a new web venture, spend time with hubby and have some 'me' time. On top of this I have recently started the Swansea Clandestine Cake Club, will be getting involved in starting a local WI group, working with TREAT Trust Wales, starting a supper club and a knitting group, and fundraising at Waunarlwydd Rugby Club. Not forgetting taking Evie to playgroup, rhyme time and swimming lessons. And blog.

It's a lot, isn't it?

BUT I have to say I am excited by all of it. I am looking forward to everything on that list, yes, even the organising and going back to work, because I know that it will be fun, or will ultimately lead to having more time for me, or will bring in money.

If you know me, you will know that I love lists and I love to be organised. I love the IDEA of a routine, but I am rubbish at sticking to it. I can't get up at the same time every day, and I don't like having to commit to clean the bathroom every wednesday evening, because I get fed up and frustrated when I don't do it. I know that the majority of organising articles you read will tell you to plan your time, even planning in 'fun' to make sure you remember to do it - but this isn't me. Generally I know what I HAVE to do, and I get it done. I don't forget to get Evie dressed every day, but sometimes she's dressed by 8am, other days not til gone 12. But that's OK! Really. She isn't affected by it. At all. And neither is anyone else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have a big challenge ahead to fit everything I need and want to do, into the time I have, without totally burning myself out and without a strict routine. When I can, I'll blog about it and share with you any wonderful secrets I come across along the way. In the meantime if you have any tips you'd like to share, from how to organise your spices (something I am currently looking into, by the way) to how you get everything done, please do!

No comments: