Friday, February 10, 2012

Rusks & a Nibbler

We've had a bit of a break from weaning while I've been reading up on baby-led weaning. And so far it all makes sense to me. Food is important to me and M, we spend a lot of time growing, making and enjoying our food and I want Evie to do the same.

I have no problem with Evie 'playing' with her food, as long as she eats it and enjoys it. So I'm going to wait until the end of this month when E will be 6 months old to start trying finger foods.

In the meantime though I will still try the odd purée for E to get used to trying flavours when she seems to show an interest.

We had a day like this yesterday. So we decided to try some rusks.We crumbled a bit up and mixed it with some formula to make a paste. It tasted a bit better than the baby rice, but still Evie wasn't all that impressed.

Next we tried the Nuby Nibbler, which has a plastic handle with a net on the end. The net can be removed and filled with food or ice which Evie can nibble on without the risk of biting big chunks off. Plus ice is meant to help with relieving teething pain. I put some ice in it and Evie seemed to really enjoy licking and sucking it, although she did end up with a really cold face.






No comments: