Sunday, August 07, 2011

34 Weeks

I know I say this a lot - but I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. In about 6 weeks I will be meeting Fidget. It does feel like I have been pregnant for a long time, but it has flown. I am so excited and really can't wait to meet the little one - but we still have so much to do in the house before we would ideally bring him or her home!

The nursery is nearly done. It's painted, carpeted and has a cot. I am hoping to move in a few bits of furniture today, and then do a bit of decorating - adding shelves and finishing touches.

The bathroom is done except for one piece of skirting that needs a quick coat of glosss.

Our stairs have been re-carpeted.

The landing carpet has been ripped up, and the skirting needs glossing before the new carpet goes down. And we have ordered a new living room carpet too. With a bit more glossing to do.

As we have been moving rooms around most of upstairs needs a good sort out & a lot of stuff needs to be thrown or put away. But as I am planning to work up until the end I'm really not sure how much I'll get done. I am trying hard not to let it get to me (and to be fair, should probably be getting on with it, rather than blogging about it) but I am finding it more difficult than I expected to just get on with things.

Generally I feel really well. I can't really remember the last time I had a full night's sleep, and to get more than 5 hours a night is an achievement, which does build up and I get a bit emotional every now and then. But with the extra weight, swollen feet and aching back I just can't do as much as I could pre-pregnancy. Cleaning the bathroom leaves me out of breath and exhausted. I spent 2 hours in the kitchen making dinner yesterday and had to sit down for half hour when I'd finished. So I have to take it a bit easier.

I have now started packing my hospital bag, but I'm still not really sure what I need to take with me. There are so many lists online, some include just the bare essentials, others seem list everything including the kitchen sink!

It's all getting close now. I have at least one appointment or ante-natal class every week between now & EDD, including a scan, midwife appointment and consultant, so the weeks are going to just fly by.

No comments: