Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe (Book Review)

When I get the chance I am a prolific reader. So I did manage to read this book in 2 days while on a break to Padstow with hubby.


Started: 29th June 2011
Finished: 30th June 2011
Rating: 5/5

'Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe' is the story of how Issy sets up her own cake shop after being made redundant from her job. It includes all that you'd expect from a 'chick lit' book - man troubles, pushy best friend, annoying adversary & the 'will she, won't she' vibe.

It is very easy to read & a complete contrast to 'When God was a Rabbit'. I very much enjoyed the story, largely because I would love to set up my own cupcake shop.

Every chapter starts with a recipe, all sound delicious, either handed down to Issy from her Grandpa Joe or written by Issy or her friends. The recipes written by her grandfather have a real bittersweet tone as she is trying to capture the details while he can still remember then. 

I really identified with the main character & could align all of her friends with people I know. It's a good, easy, summer read. One I would definitely recommend...especially if you like baking.


-----

This post is not sponsored. I am reviewing this book because I want to, however I do use an Amazon Associates link to display the book cover, so if you do fancy reading this book, a click on the link above would be appreciated. :)

No comments: