Saturday, June 25, 2011

Richard & Judy Book Club

I've been in a bit of a reading rut the last few months, tending to pick up books with a vampire theme or trying to read some that hubby has read. The vampire ones all get a bit 'samey' after a while (and while I am enjoying Charlaine Harris' True Bood series, I want something a little different) and I just do not have the same taste in books as hubby.

So I went in search of a list of books to read, something to focus on. Maybe a '100 books to read before you die' type list but found that they were full of classics and while I have nothing against the classics (and I have read a few of them) it's not what I want right now.

I found the Richard & Judy Book Club and as well as a list of summer reading they also have a list of 100 books of the decade. Which is a bit more up to date and has books listed that I actually want to read.

I don't plan on reading them by a particular time but, as you know, I like my lists and this seems to suit.

If anyone else is reading these books let me know and come follow me on twitter for some book related chat.

I'm off to buy some books now.

(UPDATE: You can see my progress on the Book Club page above.)

No comments: