Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Crafty Time & Bathroom Inspiration

While emptying out the room that will become our nursery, I uncovered a few forgotten cross stitch kits. Mainly ones that came free with magazines. So, looking for something a bit different to do in the evenings, I have been working my way through them.

The first thing I did was finish the one that had been started, probably back in June 2009 when I bought the magazine. Its quite pretty, I just need to get a frame for it & decide where it's going to go.


The second one I did ties in really nicely with what I want to do in our new bathroom.


Yes, I am going nautical. We had a really lovely, modern bathroom full of black slate and chrome, but the tiling job was a bit rubbish and we've had to start again, so I fancy something a bit brighter and more traditional. I'm going to take this cross stitch as my inspiration and look for sand coloured tiles for the floor, and an aqua colour for one of the walls. I can't wait to see it all finished...just hope it doesn't take too long.

3 comments:

Boat Wife said...

Hi Rhian. I'm visiting from Mumpreneur. Like the nautical theme! Good luck with the pregnancy :-)

Rhian said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute sailboat...I want to make this....what type of thread did you use?