Monday, July 04, 2011

Boy or Girl?

Let's play a little game.

My little one is due in just over 10 weeks (Eeeek!!) and while I don't want to know what the sex will be, I can't help being curious.  My daydreams and dreams tend to be equally split between dressing our daughter in pinafore dresses and playing with Slyvanian Families, and dressing our son in dungarees and playing with Lego.

The general consensus at the moment is that I will be having a little boy. Hubby is adamant it's a boy and everyone who looks at me says 'Boy!' I think I am not at the point where I'll be a little surprised if it is a girl and have taken to calling Fidget 'he'.

I have found a few online predictors and old-wives tales that claim to tell you what the sex will be, so as a bit of fun here are the results so far!!

Chinese Birth Predictor
Source: www.goodtoknow.co.uk

Result: Girl
Why: I'll be 29 when baby is born, and he/she was conceived in December.

Source: http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/genderpredictor/
Result: Boy
Why: I was 28 at conception in December.

Baby's Father's Family
Source: www.goodtoknow.co.uk/
Result: Boy
Why: Apparently it's as simple as looking at your husband's siblings. More brothers = son, more sisters = daughter. Hubby has 2 brothers & 1 sister.

Boy or Girl Quiz
Source: www.goodtoknow.co.uk
Result: Girl
Why: Answered mostly b's (8 out of 14)

Source: www.babycentre.co.uk
Result: To close to say!
Why: based on quiz answers.

Cravings
Source: Old Wives' Tale
Result: Girl
Why: I've been craving sweet stuff over savoury.

Bump position
Source: Old Wives' Tale
Result: Boy
Why: Bump is low and 'all front'


The Results so Far
Girl: 3  -  Boy: 3

No comments: