Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Red Wine Risotto


Ok, so it's not the most appetising of photos - but it tasted lovely! For those that don't know I have a list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. On this list is to cook every recipe in Rachel Allen's Home Cooking book.

I tried a version of Red Wine Risotto a few months back, but didn't have an chorizo, so thought we should try it again. Yesterday my copy of Eclipse (the third in the Twilight saga) finally arrived, so my friend (Mrs M) - who was as excited as me - and her husband came round for food & DVD watching. Boys in the kitchen making food, girls watching Edward & Jacob on the TV.

I was a little wary of the risotto (the first time I made it) as it brought back memories of trying to make a red wine sauce with cream when I was in uni...it did not go well! So I have limited my red wine in food to a bolognese sauce or Coq au Vin. However the feedback on the risotto was good. It does completely change the flavour and the chorizo gave it some extra depth. I would defnitely make it again and am happy to experiment with it in the future.

In case you don't know, the Oui Chef Table this month is Red Wine & Cinnamon. Hence the little lego dude below. :)

No comments: