Thursday, December 09, 2010

#52 Learn about Wine

My name is Rhian and I like a glass of wine. There, I said it!

I don't drink every night, but I will have a glass of wine more evenings than not. Sometimes with water or as a spritzer, and I am happy to just have the one glass.

One of my favourite quotes is:

"I love to cook with wine....sometimes I'll even put it in the food!"

And it's true. If I am cooking a nice meal, I'll get out my knife, chopping board, ingredients and a glass of wine. Mainly it will sit there until I've finished cooking, but there's always something missing if it's not there - especially on a Friday night.

My preference is white wine, but if the mood or food is right, I will have a glass of red and I do tend to use red wine rather than white in cooking. 

Item number 52 on my 101 things list to to learn about wine. I know what I like and I enjoy finding new wines, but I don't think I could identify grape types and I can't pick out flavours or match with food (apart from the basic fish & chicken = white wine, red meat = red wine). 

So, I have decided I will start to learn a bit more about wine. I'll blog about my findings partly to share with you what I learn, partly to record my progress and remind me what I've learnt. If you fancy joining me on my little quest let me know by commenting below or come and find me on Twitter

Cheers!

No comments: