Tuesday, November 09, 2010

vlogging

Vlogging or Video Blogging means using a video as a blog post. It intrigues me. I am a big fan of social media, social networking, social marketing - whatever you want to call it - and really wish I had the time to really understand it. I love Twitter and Facebook, have finally set up a You Tube account. I'm on LinkedIn, goodreads.com, I have a digg and StumbleUpon account - but don't use them enough to really 'get it'.

I'm going off on a tangent a little bit...

Vlogging has been around for a while, but it's not something I've particuarly followed until recently. And I quite fancy having a go. There are a lot of people doing it, and I've done a bit of research looking at different styles, etc. I'd also like to do some quick videos for the web design company I work for.

My problem is this - will people be interested in what I have to say? What do I talk about? In some ways I figure if people are reading my blog (and yes, I do have the odd visitor every now and then) then there's not much difference between what I write about and what I'd vlog about. Right? Alternatively, if people aren't insterested then no one's going to watch them anyway, so I still have nothing to lose, right?

I guess it's going to come down to just doing it, have a go and see what happens.

Watch this space guys - you never know what may happen! But if you do have any advice on how to get started, or examples of your first vlog I'd love to see them! Post a comment below or send me a message on Twitter (@rhiandaniel)

No comments: