Thursday, November 18, 2010

November is full of chocolate!

This month over on the Beckicklesie blog, the Oui Chef Challenge theme is - Chocolate!

Wonderful! :) I bet there's a few things I can write about on this, so there's likely to be a few blog posts.

My husband has told me that I am a snob. And I'm quite happy with that in some ways. I like to own nice things, (can't always afford to, but I'd like to!) I like to eat good food, drink nice wine....but I also LOVE a bargain. Chocolate, I think, is a luxurious product, and one that doesn't always come with a high price tag!

I am a fan of chocolate, and am a bit of a sucker for packagaing, gimmicks, brand, marketing etc, so anything new or different I am more than happy to try out. Like the recent 'Screme Eggs' - Halloween themed Cadbury's Creme Egg, with a green 'yolk'.

I read a book called The Chocolate Connoisseur: For Everyone with a Passion for Chocolate which discusses how chocolate is made, types of chocolate, even how to taste it. In this book it mentions that one of the top chocolatiers in the world is based in Pisa, Italy - something I happened to find out just before going to Pisa!

This chocolate is made by Amedei and I made it my mission to go and find some of this chocolate. Which I did. And it was gooooood!

Now one thing the book says is that 'Chocolate Purists' only accept bars of chocolate as chocolate. Truffles etc, are not the same. And apparently white chocolate is not chocolate either - but I can't remember why right now...

This has turned into a bit of a rambling post, but I'm hoping it'll set me up for a few posts to follow.

To include (hopefully):

- My first chocolate cake pops
- My favourite chocolate bars
- Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding (recipe) (Added 21/11/2010)


1 comment:

BECKICKLES said...

Oooo thanks for introducing me to a new chocolate!

Becca x