Monday, October 18, 2010

No. 82: Be Vegetarian for a Week

I've been a bit rubbish at staying up to date on my '101 Things in 1001 Days' challenge. So will try to catch up a bit this week to let you know how I am getting on.

This week, hubby and I have decided to try number 82 on my list - being vegetarian. We have opted not to eat fish, so this is strictly veggie. The week started yesterday and we have so far survived 2 days. Joking aside, I am looking forward to the 'challenge', although I have had a few comments from people who have tried being veggie and never went back. I can't quite see that happening - but who knows?

We've planned some meals for the week such as spinach & ricotta canneloni, quesadillas and home made tomato soup, but haven't been shopping yet.

So far we've had:
  • Quorn shepherds pie
  • Pasta with wild rocket pesto, spinach & pine nuts
  • Jacket potato with beans & cheese
I can see a lot of cheese in the near future! :)

I think the biggest challenge will be the weekend, as my cousin is home on Friday and we'll be going out for food, and we're out for a chinese for my friend's birthday on Saturday. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Rhian Drinkwater said...

Chinese should be fine as long as you like tofu!

I went veggie for Lent one year, then did it permanently as a New Year's Resolution eight months later. It's cheaper and healthier, and can taste just as good!

Rhian said...

Haven't tried tofu before, but will give it a try on Saturday.

I'm enjoying it so far, we've just spent so long with meat/fish as the main focus for every meal it's hard to change that way of thinking.

Rhian Drinkwater said...

We eat a lot of Quorn and lentils!