Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Meal a Week: 5 - Eggs Benedict



Today I attempted Eggs Benedict - basically poached egg on a muffin with ham & hollandaise sauce. The eggs are from our hens & were collected minutes before being poached, so were ideal! And so tasty! You may be asking where the hollandaise sauce is. It split. :(


And I really didn't have it in me to try again this morning, But I will - one day!

One thing I was happy with, was the egg poaching process (a la Rachel Allen). Basically, bring the water to a simmer, not boiling & slide the eggs in. And it worked. The water was barely moving, just a few bubbles every now and then and I left the eggs in for about 3 minutes. Perfecto!


Details
Recipe Name: Eggs Benedict
Source: Rachel Allen's Home Cooking, p30
Would I make it again? Maybe
Occasion: Weekend
Course: Breakfast/Brunch
Difficulty: Intermediate
Stars (Out of 5): ** (2) Beacuse the sauce split
Time to make: 20 minutes
Serves: 1

No comments: