Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Meal a Week: No. 1 - Basque Chicken Casserole


My first new meal is a WeightWatchers one (my husband is on a diet and doing really well!) from Weight Watchers Cook Smart Family Food. We have made a few from this book and they've all been pretty good.

I chose the Basque Chicken Casserole, which was chicken breasts in a light tomato, white wine & paprika sauce. It was really tasty, with loads of flavour, but my favourite bit was the 'sprinkling' for the top that consisted of 1 chopped red chilli, zest of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of capers and a handful of chopped fresh basil. I made the recipe for 4 people (with a bit extra chicken) and it was more than enough to serve 5. It was served with fine green beans and sauted potatoes.

Week 1 Details
Recipe Name: Basque Chicken CasseroleSource: Weight Watchers Cook Smart Family Food.
Would I make it again? Definitely
Occasion: Dinner Party, Midweek Meal
Course: Main Course
Difficulty: Easy
Stars (Out of 5): ***** (5)
Time to make: 20 minutes prep, 1 hour in oven (but would happily wait until you're ready!)
Serves: 4 (6 at a push)

No comments: