Thursday, July 15, 2010

D is for Dream...

Yup, it's time for Lottie's Finishing School Workshop and D is for Dream. Our task for this is to write down our dream. So here it is...

My dream is to have my own tea shop.

I have always enjoyed baking and have recently set myself up so I could bake for others. I registered with kitchen with the environmental health and passed my food hygeine course then told people about it. It's been just over 6 weeks now, and while it's been a slow start, I am enjoying it. But I do stil have my day job.

I also do a lot of knitting, and would love to design my own patterns, but need a bit more practice for that I think.

Recently I have started thinking more and more about having my own shop. Somewhere I can make cakes, sell tea and do knitting. I have started planning what it'll look like, what I'll sell, who I'll employ, and looking at where Id set it up! :) So to bring it too life - here are some pictures:

Cakes to sell

Hand knit tea cosies

There'll be table cloths, cups & saucers, bunting. Fowers on the table. Maybe even chickens outside. (These are our ex-battery hens.)

Hubby has also got involved and would love to sell preserves, pickles and jams. Maybe even bread. It's the thing we talk about just before the lottery comes on.... :) 
It's a great dream and I do hope that one day it will come true. I've no doubt I'll add to this post as I remember more of what I'd love to do - but this is start. 

Happy dreaming folks - can't wait to see what everyone else dreams on.

No comments: