Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Fitness & a Scaredy Cat Challenge

I have been trying to find an aim for my new fitness regime. So far I haven't found anything. I want to be more toned & I want higher energy levels. Will that do for now? :)

On Twitter I am following a number of FLYbabies - people that follow the FLYLady way of life and some of them @DianeDenmark and @lareine27 have set themeselves Scardey Cat Challenges. An aim to do something they have been putting off, for example sorting out their garden or painting furniture. I realised yesterday, that quite of my own accord I started my own challenge.

I have a spare bedroom, a 'little room' and a study, all of which have become dumping grounds. The plan is to have the spare room always available for guests (with additional storage), to transform the little room into the study/craft space and make the study a walk-in wardrobe as it's right next to our bedroom and doesn't have any windows or doors (there's just a little arch off the landing). Yesterday, in true FLYlady fashion, I set my timer for 15 minutes and started to clear a space in the spare room. I then spent 15 minutes ironing clothes that needed putting away, and spent another 15 minutes today. You can now see the floor!! My aim is to have the spare room clear by the weekend, so I can move furniture out of the little room and start painting.

Wish me luck!

 

1 comment:

Bento Box / Asfora said...

I'd be lost without me timer! Go you, you made a wonderful start! :o)