Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finding Time

Last week I found an article on lifehack.org all about how to become an early riser. I am crap in the morning. I am definitely not a morning person and struggle to get out of bed. However there are so many things I could do with an extra hour or two in the morning - start all the websites I keep planning, blog more, eat breakfast, do housework, study for my marketing diploma, catch up on news, exercise.... and I think it's time!

Unfortunately I found this article halfway through the 5 day challenge. I have decided I am not going to let that stop me or put it off until next week so tried to get up this morning. I failed. This will not put me off and I will try again tomorrow. Time to write down some goals.

My aim is to be getting up every day at 6am. This means when I have to be in work by 8:50am I have 2.5 hours and 1.25 hours when I need to be in by 7:30am. Definitely a lot more than my usual manic 15 minutes. Tomorrow my aim is to get out of bed by 7am.

Will write a bit more later about a morning ritual and what I plan to spend all this extra time doing!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

It's much easier to get up early when it's lighter in the mornings. I have one of these Lumie Bodyclocks and it's AMAZING - bet it would help you. http://www.lumie.com/shop/treatments/sleep-wake-better