Saturday, January 09, 2010

Saturdays & Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream

Yep. its Saturday! And for the first time in what feels like ages I don't have anything I HAVE to do. However, with this comes the feeling that I should clean the house, and I want to do some knitting & sorting out to feel like I've regained some sense of normality after Christmas.

We've had one whole week back in work, so that's pretty much back to normal, but with the bizarre weather (and we haven't had it anywhere near as bad as some) there's still an unsettled feeling about. Plus I still have a mini pile of Christmas presents on the floor where the Christmas tree used to be, so I think it's time they went away (mainly to make space for my birthday presents on Tuesday!! Yay!)

We were meant to be having Christmas number 2 today with my sister who lives in London, but because of the stupid weather she hasn't come back from London. So instead me & hubby are going round to my parents house for a meal tonight. I'm in charge of pudding, and think I'm going to attempt a trio of puddings. The first being lemon cheesecake ice cream. Unfortunately as I don't have an ice cream maker I have to do it by hand. And as hubby is on the weight watchers plan, I am using weightwatchers recipes... so we'll see how it turns out. Just to decide what else to include.

The weightwatchers thing, while I am fully supportive, does not really help with my plan to cook the recipes from Rachel Allen's book as per last post, because... well, where's the fun in cooking for one person! I'll do my best, but it's likely to take a fairly long time...maybe I'll just work my way through the weightwatchers puddings. :)

No comments: