Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Journal Blanket - Square One



In line with my Journal Blanket knitalong on Ravelry I have decided to write my diary online here. So here goes...

On 28th June 2009 my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. (ah!) I have decided to knit a blanket to reflect our 2nd year together, as the traditional gift for the 2nd anniversary is cotton. The plan is to knit over the year, adding buttons, things I find, fabric, yarn, squares etc to represent us and what we get up to.

The first square is a heart in a light olive green-yellow colour. The colour reminds me of the roses we had at the wedding. They were 'Antique Roses' mainly green in colour with a pink tinge towards the edge (see photo).

The heart motif, I think, is pretty self explanatory, and there's only one of them to mark our first year together.

To celebrate our anniversary we went back to the restaurant where we had our wedding reception, with my parents (as it's their anniversary on the same day) and my sister. Then watched the wedding DVD. It was a great day. And DH had bought me a gorgeous stuffed Bunny Rabbit from the Build a Bear workshop - I've been fancying one since we bought one as a present for my neice who was bridesmaid for us.

Now, do I wait until something happens that I want to add to my knitting or do I plan as we go along?

No comments: