Sunday, May 10, 2009

General Update - Studio, swaps, refashioning

A bit of a strange post as I have lots to update you on, and as it's still relatively early on a Sunday morning, my heads not quite tuned in yet.

Studio Update
As hubby and I had Friday off work we decided we would start sorting the house out. This started with sorting out kitchen cupboards and me FINALLY getting round to transforming 2 rooms into my office/studio and dressing room. Which I subsequently decided to swap around. I have before photos which i'll post later. I am not yet finished and thought I'd write a quick update while drinking my coffee before leaping into action! I can't wait to get it finished so I have all my cafty stuff in one place and there's so much I want to do.

Swaps
My first ever swap - the Felted Purse Swap on Ravelry - was sent on 1st May, and has been very well recieved in the USA! I was so pleased she liked it. It's quite hard knitting for someone you've never met. Looking forward to recieving mine now. Will post photos later.

Refashioning
I've just been scouring the blog over at Wardrobe Refashion and am determined to make myself something to wear over the next 2 months. I'm thinking a skirt...probably a bag or two. Just have to get my studio ready...

Cake
My wonderful hubby managed to find me some poppy seeds - a much more difficult task than expected - at a local market on the weekend, so today I will be making a poppy seed cake from Rachel Allen's book, Bake! Can't wait. Have been looking forward to this for a while, so I hope it doesn't disappoint. Plus I get to use my new cake tin from the Kitchens shop in Cardiff.

We've got early starts in work this week, so have long evenings designed for plenty of knitting, baking, planning, crafting. Planning on plenty of blog posts, photos and tweets.

No comments: