Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tea Cup Birthday Cake

Here is a tea cup birthday cake I made for my gran, Mams, who was 85 on the weekend. (The plate and jammy dodgers are real!) Went down well, just wish I could get my icing a bit straighter and neater. . .

BUT to help with that I have enrolled on a cake decorating course at http://www.sweetartconfectionerysupplies.co.uk/ in Port Talbot. Can't wait! It starts 2 weeks tomorrow and my mum is coming along too. Will let you know how it goes.

Next cake is a cupcake tower for my husband's nephew's 21st birthday. (I know technically that makes him my nephew too, but I'm 27, not old enough for a 21 year old nephew!!) Colour to be red.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What an awesome idea for a cake! Beautiful execution too. I can't wait to see what you make *after* you've been to classes!

Anonymous said...

that cake is awesome!! Hope you are enjoying your icing classes, seems like you have a bit of a talent for it!
jeni
Fyberspates