Saturday, September 27, 2008

Knitting Plans

This week has been pretty busy in work, with hiring a sales man and I have been exhausted coming home so have done very little knitting - I did manage to bake another carrot cake on Thursday though. I experimented with a cream cheese frosting but I think it needed a little more sugar. It was very well recieved in work!

And I have decided I am going to knit a jumper. For myself.
I have chosen Camden from Knitty http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall08/PATTcamden.html as I love the bobbles and the fact the sleeves come off - looks good and is functional. I have even purchased the yarn and am very much looking forward to it arriving so I can get started. If it all goes to plan there may even be a post on substituting yarn soon as I wasn't able to get the Knit Picks Andean Treasure the pattern asks for, so I have gone for Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK. It has very similar 'stats' to the Andean Treasure but I guess a swatch will tell! :)

I have also started a knitting sketchbook and have purcased 'Inspired to Knit' by Michele Rose Orne. Can't wait!

No comments: