Monday, September 01, 2008

Cupcakes

I won't get my camera back until tomorrow, so you'll have to wait to see the fabulous wrist warmers. :(

On another note, I made the nicest vanilla cupcakes for my friends birthday on the weekend. We were bought a KitchenAid mixer for our wedding, and it's the best invention ever!! You just chuck in all the cakey ingrediencts and let it go. But the end of the mixing the mixtire was so light and airy, like mousse and this made FANTASTIC cupcakes. Even the rugby boys agreed. My top tip (well 2 actually) for today is...

1. Substitute half caster sugar for vanilla sugar for a light but delicious vanilla flavour, somehow more subtle than using vanilla extract.

2. When baking your cupcakes half-fill in any empty holes with water, somehow this helps the cakes make more evenly. Can't remember where I heard this, but it works!!! :)

No comments: