Tuesday, April 24, 2007

for beginners

Starting to knit can be quite daunting. There is so much to learn and the thought of starting a project like a jumper can be a bit overwhelming (unless it's just me!) which is why i ended up with a whole lot of scarves. But when you get bored of scarevs, knit wrist-warmers or wrist bands. It's a great little project - faster than scarves, and led into my first designed project.


Firstly following the 'Geek' wristband from 'Stitch n Bitch Nation' by Debbie Stoller.






This led to my 'Boy & Girl' design - in several colours, and on different needle sizes.

And the wonderfully simple - stripes!

They need very little yarn and took me about 3 hours from cast on to bind off - and a cup of tea in the middle! [All wristbands are done in Rowan Cotton Glace on 2mm or 3mm needles. I just knit until i can wrap it around the wrist it is meant to fit, bind off then matress stitch together.]

No comments: